Thursday, December 10, 2015

Writer's block

Wednesday December 9:
    So I don't know about you guys but I am no where near ready for this essay.  I have done the research and charts but  I have no clue what to write about. Here's the thing, I don't have a position on anonymity.  I believe there are some good and bad to each so I have no clue what side to write about .  Maybe I am missing the point or idea of this unit but I have no clue what to do, like I've said I have put in all the work necessary. I feel like no matter how much work I put in when I go to type something my mind is going to be blank and I'm going to end up starting at a white screen for an hour and then get discouraged. 
Thursday December 10: 
     So I am in the middle of this essay and decided to take a break and blog. Well not necessarily blog but to vent.  My essay is going alright because I did a lot of prep work last night but I still feel like there is no point in it.  I feel like I'm am wishy washy and don't  have a firm stance on the matter. On top of that I'm running out of things to say, so in this small break I am suppose to be brain storming. I know this is the first draft and it doesn't have to be perfect but I'm pretty sure it has to be longer than one page. All in all I am not sure what to do now but it is time to get back to work...wish me luck. I hope your essays are working out better than mine. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I'm on the exact same boat as you right now. I currently don't have a definite position about the topic and I feel so lost. I had been staring at a blank page for a good 10 minutes before I remembered we have a blog post due tomorrow so I figured I might as well get it done now. Anyway, I just don't know what to write about for the essay but I'm really hoping that blogging would help me figure things out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess if you feel in the middle of the two stances, talk about why you do in your essay. Considering both sides will make your essay really strong and use evidence to support why you like aspects of the one side and why you like aspects of the other side. I think the better essays happen when the writer talks about the positive and negative views of each stance.

    ReplyDelete