Friday, December 4, 2015

Technology

All of this stuff about online and anonymous also is because of the such easy access to technology like computers and cellphones and other. The reason why I bring this up is because I just arrived from a week and a half-ish vacation in Mexico with my family in which I did not stay in a hotel in a touristy area but in relatives home and it was very different technology-wise. I'm not saying it was hard or anything but just different from here in the CA where almost every household, depending on how many people live in it, has at least 1-3 computers if not more and almost every person has a cellphone. My relatives had about one computer per household. Also a thing that is very big in Mexico are cyber cafes, if you don't know what a cyber cafe is its just a building with computers on tables and accessible wifi but you have to pay to use it. These are everywhere and they're filled with students doing work. Then cellphones were so different. People don't really walk around using their cell phones halfway because you don't want it to get stolen but also because they're not smartphones they're flip phones and classic phones and a few with smartphone but not the most capable ones. I walked into a cellphone store just to take a look and it astonished me the majority of phones sold are flip phones and classic phones and the smart phones that are on display aren't the top of line Samsung, iPhone, or LG phones but the lesser ones that run on old versions of android. All of this made me think does trolling happen in places like this because it just feels like there is more of an importance put on the use of technology. It was something that was on my mind the whole trip and it was interesting as well to be in a different environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment