Thursday, December 3, 2015

Are we done yet?

In the beginning of this unit I really enjoyed reading the articles and hearing the encounters but as time goes on I am beinginng to lack intrest. Majority of the articles are the same, there is the author talking about trolling or anonymity and their view on it and they bring in expert opinions and cases that people have experienced.  I do believe it's sad but it is also like deja vu and it gets tiring.  Almost everyone has experienced a troll whether it was severe or just annoying but there is nothing we can really do to fight back.  Commenting back would add fuel to the fire but if you ignore it it just botheres you in the inside.  I mean you can always report it and try to get that person suspended or in trouble but that also may just be blowing up an issue causing unecessary actions.  People can try to approve the comment before it actually gets posted but that also can be unecessary. There is always going to be the one person that wants to start drama or try to tear you down and there is nothing you can really do. All we can do is look and reflect on ourselves.  We need to respect each other like we do in person. Hopefully that will bring down some of the problems but like I said we can't do much.  Focus on yourself, make sure you don't become a troll and say something harsh on accident and if you are a troll then please stop you aren't helping anyone, find something else to do with your boredom.

8 comments:

  1. I feel the exact way ! I'm excited to move onto a new unit/ subject. Also, I agree with you that we need to just focus on ourselves . As long as we aren't the one trolling then there's not much we can do but ignore it .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenna I agree with majority of what you are saying. I also think that the articles are coming off as a bit repetitive but still informative and very interesting to read and analyze. I liked what you said about worrying about yourself and making sure you're not beinging the troller. One might even be trolling unconsciously and seeing it as nearly playing around, and right then and there they should nip it in the butt and change your ways because the outcome of trolling is never bright on the the other side of the screen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely agree with both you and Eve. While I think that it's important to be learning about cyber harassment and stalking, I feel like it's become repetitive and tiring. I think that there really isn't anything we can do about this problem because there will always be crazy, mean-spirited people out there who are up to no good. I feel like we, as a class, should all just take a pledge or something and vow to never part-take in trolling or cyber harassment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post! I feel it really reflects on how i see the situation and i'm glad i am not the only person that has these views. We all really just need to move on both, in class to the next subject and online or within our lives. Lets not feed fuel to the fire!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's true
    All of the articles basically say the same thing
    However
    The trolls are an unstoppable force
    People don't understand the sense of power that comes with trolling
    And we will not simply find something else to do with our boredom
    As long as someone has an opinion
    As long as someone reacts
    We will not stop
    We are here to stay until the Internet itself shuts down

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah I definitely feel the same way about this. I was actually about to do my blog post about how I'm already over this unit. I just want to move onto the next topic already, but sadly we have another week on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not only another week but some kind of essay to write :(

      Delete