Friday, December 11, 2015

Mirror Mirror

     I spent great amount of time in the cyber world since I was in elementary school. When I moved to the United States, I devoted my life into video games mainly because I wasn't able to communicate with anyone in real life. Since video game didn't require communication, I used it as an escape from the miserable reality.
     As time passes by, I got better and better at English. I slowly came to the realization about the nastiness of the cyber world. The tool that I used to escape my anxiety slowly became my enemy. Every mistake I made came with the consequence of getting harass. My positivity and happiness slowly decay overtime. Their words were shaped knifes that sliced through my optimism. 
     I lost faith in what I thought was a part of my life. Those negativity put me down but some how, I became one of them. I became what made me cry. I started spreading the curse of the nastiness to others. Those that were my friends, became my targets. One by one, they disappeared with the wind.
     I realized that my words did not help increase my chance of winning. All it bought was lost and suffering. I told myself that this habit must go. It wasn't easy get over it, but once I did, my life was like magic. All my friends were willing to give me another chance. The happiness that I was searching for ended being next to me all along. 

No comments:

Post a Comment