Thursday, December 10, 2015

3 weeks...

So we've spent about three weeks on this unit and I really don't know what to say that I haven't said already.  I'm just happy we are finally starting to write because that's when I know that this unit is coming to an end.

I don't know how to even start my essay.  Coming up with a hook to engage readers is always the hardest part for me when I am writing.  I know where I stand on the issue of anonymity and trolls, but when I write it's hard for me to make it out in the right words.  I always try to make my first draft close to the way I want it to be in the end, but I guess we aren't supposed to do that.  I learned in ERW that we shouldn't try to make our first draft the best and that the first draft should just be jotting down all the ideas that we come up with. The first draft doesn't have to be organized, but should still somewhat make sense. Knowing that it does not have to be an A paper the first draft makes it a lot easier for me to write.  I can just put down whatever I have to say and make it sound more formal later on. So whoever reads my first draft tomorrow in class just know that it isn't going to be my best work because I am going to revise it a lot by the final draft.

2 comments:

  1. I am so with you on this! First of all I am writing my essay now but i don't even know if it makes any sense and second of all I like my first draft to be complete so its less revising and time I have to spend on it later on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you both on this, we have really been on this unit way to long and I'm glad to say we will be starting a new one soon.

    ReplyDelete