Monday, October 19, 2015

The cycles of high school

The experiences of high school has been life transforming. I look back at freshmen year and realized that I was a very different person. I was quiet, fearful of challenge, and would refrain from getting involved. I had trouble connecting with people. Then sophomore year came, and I became noticed by people who encouraged me to join the marching band. This has opened me up and gave me the boldness to make the most of high school by getting more involved in extracurriculars. Then, junior year proved to be rigorous because I took AP classes, but I did considerably well which made the year memorable. The result was making life long friends and creating unforgettable memories in the process. I am a senior now and I can not believe all that I went through to finally get me to this point in my life You see, fear takes us away from becoming who we are by locking us in cages and depriving us of air. We go through these cycles of high school that allows us to discover certain qualities about ourselves that we did not know was in us before. It instills passions in us to pursue careers. We start forming our own opinions, perspectives, skills, and talent so that we can give our own contributions to society one day. High school teaches that there will be trials and tribulations, but that your determination, perseverance, and inner confidence can take you farther than you ever thought. We all, one point in our life, had to start from the bottom and grow to maturity. Now we are taking our steps toward our independence. If you fail at something, it does not make you a failure but gives you the opportunity to learn more efficiently and critically. Most importantly, the cycles of high school teaches us to cherish moments because life is temporary. All of these lessons are for the purpose of preparing us for a bright future.

No comments:

Post a Comment