Monday, October 19, 2015

High School




High school is a place where you begin to find yourself and experiment on things you do and don't enjoy. The first day of high school is a day I will never forget. Even though it wasn't at Mayfair, I remember walking in and seeing all the different groups and thinking how I wasn't going to be able to fit in. But after a while I started making new friends and realizing it wasn't going to be so hard because at the time I thought I was going to stay in that high school for the rest of my high school experience. But that soon changed after the middle of sophomore year I moved to Mayfair. I was really nervous at first because I had barley moved back to Bellflower and it had been years since I lived here. I thought to myself that I was going to be clueless and not know where to go and who to be with for the rest of the year because everyone had made their own friends and wouldn't want someone new (me) to join their group. But what I learned at Mayfair that I didn't learn in my other school is that everyone was easier to get along with. I somewhat started adjusting to the people that were here because of the way I was being treated and made new friends.
Mayfair has been a great experience to me, and everyone that's been attending Mayfair because not only do we have a good class year (obviously), but we have many positive and bright students that only want the best for others. I see it as a learning experience because we've grown as a class together and as individuals. College is almost near and many of us honestly don't know what we want to do or are terrified to even think about it at times. We believe as soon as high school is over everything is going to change and we won't be able to do the things we do now. This may be true, but what I can say for now is that everything is going to be alright. Stay positive, and learn to enjoy everyday and every single moment you have with friends and loved ones. Senior year is the final year, and we need to make it worth it. During the process to get to where we are now we might have lost many friends that we were so close to, but the ones that have stayed along this journey and have helped through many situations are the ones that will make senior year the best. Stay true to yourselves and always remember everyday is a day you grow as a person and one step closer to finding who you really are as an individual. This is only the beginning of senior year and if it's fun now wait till we get to the end of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment