Monday, October 19, 2015

Four Years Fly By In The Blink Of An Eye

The day high school finally came was the day I couldn't wait to graduate. Actually, let me rephrase that, walking in as a seventh grader and seeing all these high schoolers around and imagining myself graduating. I remember walking into Mayfair seventh grade intimidated, afraid I wouldn't meet new people or I would get bullied by high schoolers, not knowing that most of the time we weren't around the high schoolers. Luckily, I went in with a great group of friends from elementary school that are still some of my greatest friends. I knew I would have people by my side. Seventh and eighth grade year were over and sooner than I knew it, and now I'm in high school. Freshman year was here and I can't really remember it too clear, except that I met more people through the softball team. Making varsity my freshman year was one of my goals and I did it, it just made everything a lot better & more fun. Having the experience of playing with older girls and meeting new girls was definitely something to remember throughout my 4 years. Sophomore and Junior year were about the same, had the same group of friends, still played softball, met more new people, became more open. Towards the end of my junior year things started to really hit me, my best friends were graduating and I wasn't graduating with them. I missed out on their activities and once the senior activities started, I was really alone. When I tell people I was alone with no one to hangout with they never seem to believe me, but it's true. I hid out in Ms. Monteleone's class just talking to her about anything and everything, sometimes she would tease me about having no friends, mean, right? Over the year Monte became my school mom and someone I knew I could count on, usually you don't find that a teacher can become your "school mom" but she's just that type of person. So anyways, like I was saying about senior activities... My friends went to Catalina, of course I missed out. Being the baby of the group really did suck especially towards the end of their senior year! I got to hear about everything and how amazing it was and I just sat there like "oh yeah I had a lot of fun too!!" Totally sarcastic. Farewell assembly came, I was a mess. I cried because that's when it really hit me that my best friends were graduating in a short time. Summer flew by and before I knew it, I was a senior! *starts to sing "i am a seniorrrr* I was super excited about senior year! Oh what am I saying? I was not excited at all. I had the most negative thoughts towards it. Knowing I was going into my senior year without my best friends really sucked. Of course I went in with an open mind though, ready to meet new people and make new memories with them. We've only been about a month & a half in senior year and I love it, which I never thought I would. The friends I've made are amazing, the memories I've created are some I'll remember forever. Senior seminar, homecoming, Friday night lights, and so many more to come. I tell myself I'm ready to go into the real world and start a new journey, and to be honest I'm not. I get scared thinking about it, my stomach turns, and as I'm writing this right now, my stomach is turning. I'm not quite ready to grow up and leave the nest. Not having my mom by my side everyday will be something I'll really have to adjust to, and it won't be easy at all. Although I'm not ready to grow up and senior year is going to fly by, only time will tell how I adjust to this new thing called growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment