Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Mayfair Memories


When I was younger I always expected my life to be straight out of a movie, I am not talking about John Cusack standing outside my window holding a boom box (For those who don’t know the movie its Say Anything). I envisioned that high school would be more like it was perceived in movies like High School Musical and Mean Girls minus the spontaneous singing in class and burn book. Although, starting high school was a whole other scene that no movie could depict.  It is not like I thought high school would be easy. I knew it was a lot of hard work but no one ever talked about the stress that came with it. Managing everything from clubs, to school work, to even friends but I guess that is what makes high school, high school. High school is just a stepping-stone to our next journey.  We will learn how be independent and the work that we often complain about (the one we always wait till the last minute to do) will get us ready for what is to come. Some of us are already counting down the days till graduation but once we graduate we have to say goodbye to something that as been apart of lives for so long.  We are saying goodbye to our friends, teachers, and Mayfair (no matter how much we say we won’t miss it when we leave).  So we should take in this feeling.  For we will never have friends like the ones we had in high school or teachers, or so many special moments that will forever live in our memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment