Monday, October 19, 2015

Opportunity to Start New


Before I entered high school, I never really had expectations of what it would be like for me. I have a huge family and lots of cousins that went to Mayfair and graduated before I started going there and they all loved high school- involved in clubs, played sports, friends, school spirit, etc. I wanted to come to Mayfair because I wanted to have the same typical high school experience they had and I wanted to love high school just as much as they did. Once I began high school, I realized that it would not be the way I envisioned it at all. I had to face several obstacles that were life changing for me, which affected my mindset for both my school and home life and myself as a whole. Those obstacles withheld me from making the fullest out of what I thought would be a fun, wholesome 4 years for me. For 2 and half years of high school, I was so overwhelmed with personal challenges that I dreaded high school and I looked forward to my future where I would be in control. I spent half of a semester living in another country and traveling, which completely put what is important and necessary for me to be happy in perspective. Leaving made me realize that there’s a whole world out there that we could live in and make something out of ourselves in. With that being said, I now want to make the best out of my senior year and I want this journey through my last year of high school to make up for the past 3 years. I don’t want to dread high school anymore; I want to have fun, be involved, make memories, learn, experience, and grow because I know that there’s a whole world out there waiting for me to start a new journey and a new life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment