Friday, October 16, 2015

Reminiscing

I can still remember my first day at Mayfair, when I was still getting comfortable to public school. My mom walked me onto campus with the map of the school ready to get my schedule.  She was really scared that I would get lost so she drew arrows on the map so I would know how to get from one class to another. Now it's senior year and we are top dogs on campus. I know my way around the campus and I'm not scared of any public school kids. Time passed by so quickly. I grew up so much throughout the six years I attended Mayfair.  I think my biggest accomplishment, although some of you might find it as little, is being able to talk in front of the class.  I used to cry every time I had to go up and speak in front of everybody.  I hated it so much.  All the people staring and waiting for me to say something was nerve racking.  Teachers at Mayfair forced me to go up and do presentations and eventually I got a boost in my confidence.

I can't imagine my high school experience at any other high school.  I have made so many friends and I hope to continue to stay in touch when we all go to different colleges. As the last couple of months of high school comes to a closing, I am going to try to make the most of it.  I won't hope for high school to end quicker because I know when the time comes I am going to be saying I don't want to leave.

Noelle Huynh

2 comments:

  1. When I attended my first day at Mayfair, my mom didn't draw arrows on a map for me like yours did. At first I was doing okay, but later I couldn't find a class and I panicked. I didn't know who to ask and I was so scared I was going to be late. Honestly, I was so worried that I started crying. Thankfully someone came up to me and helped me find my class.

    Looking back, this experience seems silly. Now, as a senior, I know my way around and know where every class is. During my years at Mayfair, not only has my knowledge inside the classroom growth, but so has my knowledge of my surroundings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I attended my first day at Mayfair, I was so scared to go to school. I was scared because I could remember to myself a new school a much bigger school with older kids. My first thought was are they other kids going to like me or are they going to be mean to me. I remember my mom telling me that everything is going to be ok that I shouldnt be worried because that the kids were going to like me for me. When I got to school to I didnt know what to do at all all or where to go and I just can remeber I just wanted to go home and that was all. Thankfully I had my sister and my brother with me at this school.
    Looking back, through the years from 7th to now I can just say to myself that I shouldnt have been worried at all if people like me or not. During my years at Mayfair I made a lot of friends and I lost a lot of friends but that didnt stop me from going to school at all. I just learned to grow as a student a much better student around class.

    ReplyDelete