Monday, October 19, 2015

My thoughts about senior year

Well, where do I even begin?.. After years of me saying, "Oh I sure can't wait until senior year comes!" or "Can't wait to graduate so I can live on my own and do the things I want" that time has finally come. Senior year: The last year of being in high school before you’re officially shipped off to adulthood and ‘the real world’. I've been anxiously waiting for this year to come since my freshman year and now that it’s here I am honestly scared out of my wits. It didn't really hit me until we started writing our commencement speeches. Last week as I was writing my rough draft I thought to myself, " Damn..Where did the time go?" It seemed like yesterday I just promoted from middle school and now I have to figure out what colleges I'm going to apply to and what I want to major in and other adult things like what career do I want in the future, work on getting my driver's license, etc. Pretty soon I’ll be walking on a stage to receive my diploma in front of hundreds of my soon to-be former classmates and their families in less than seven months. Coincidentally as all of this was going through my mind, the song Pretend by an artist named Lights was playing in the background. Of course most people won't know who Lights is or what that song is about but the song Pretend is about remembering your youth and how everything was so much better without having to worry about anything and that we wish we could 'pretend' to live as we did in our youth once more. Don't we all wish we could go back to when we were kids? I sure know I do. I have a 7 month-old sister and I look at her and think that one day she'll be going through the same thing I'm currently going through once she's my age. Hopefully she'll already know what she has planned for her future. My time is running short to figure out what to do for my future, and I'm scared for what lies ahead but I know I can do it. My hopes for this last year here at Mayfair will be the best year that I will never forget.

 

1 comment:

  1. This post stuck out to me the most. As I was reading it I felt like everyone can relate to this feeling because I myself can relate to this feeling of being afraid now that senior year is here. I also REGRET saying that I want senior year to come lol. But, what I want to know is what have you learned so far in your three years of high school ?

    ReplyDelete