Monday, October 19, 2015

Giving Honor To Whom Honor Is Due

          I believe an important part of our commencement speeches should be to thank those who have gotten us to this point in our lives. We should acknowledges teachers, counselors, principals, adults, staff, and friends that have aided you in your high school career. Teachers that have had a major influence in a certain subject, counselors, principals, and staff that have helped us get through obstacles, adults in your life that have been there for you, and friends that have been with you for as long as you can remember should all be thanked for their services.
          For example, the people I would honor in my commencement speech would be my parents, my friends Joel, Dylan, and Mathew, Mr Nguyen, Mrs Lane, and Mr Kinsey. The reason why I would mention these people in my speech is because I wouldn't have gotten here without them influencing my life in some way. Similarly, we should all honor those who helped us significantly along the way because you wouldn't have gotten here without their help. By acknowledging people that have helped you along the way, you are also promoting their efforts and giving approval of their influence which might encourage others to reach out to those people and hopefully receive the same influence that you acquired.
         

No comments:

Post a Comment