Monday, October 19, 2015

Remember

I remember looking through the airplane’s window, getting lost in my mind. I was lost in deep confusion about the changes in my life. I thought to myself this is it. This is the new inevitable life. Yesterday I was still having a conversation with my friends and eating dinner with my cousins. All that turned into a memory.
            Moving to a new country introduced many great challenges into my life. Whether it was learning new language or making new friends, I faced it all. There were so many things that were going on in my life and my mind. Yet I felt empty. Days and years passed by, yet I was still missing something.
            Without really expecting it, high school came by quicker than lightning. First year of high school wasn’t golden; in fact, it was a mess. But like a rainbow that comes after a heavy rain, things got better and better. By sophomore year, I was introduced to many new experiences such as clubs, sports, and friends.     
 Meeting new people with such great passions to pursue what they love was definitely an eye opening experience for me. Since I was a child, people often asked what I wanted to be when I grew up. Of course, as a child, I had no clue on what my answer would be. When high school came, I had many opportunities to learn new things and absorb different points of view. What came with it was something that I was looking for to fill my emptiness. What I was looking for was a simple word that I’ve heard many times. That word was purpose.

            Spending time with such passionate people made me realize that we should find the purpose of our lives. Every moment that I spent sharing my purpose with others slowly fulfilled the emptiness that I had. It brought happiness through tears of joy and laughter. For every moment that I spend following the purpose I believe in, I’m living an experience that will always be in my memory. I don’t want to pretend to be someone I am not and follow other people’s beliefs. I want to live the life that I will remember. So should you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment