Monday, October 19, 2015

A Word of Advice

Wow. That is exactly the first thing that came to my mind when I thought about my time here at Mayfair. Wow. Wow about the fact that the past six years of my life have flown by. Wow about all of the people I've met. All of the ones I have both despised and loved so much. Wow to every single one of the memories I know I will always cherish. Just plain and simple; wow. Honestly, looking back at my time at this wonderful establishment, there is not a single other place that I wished I would have attended. Mayfair is filled with such amazing staff and students. I find myself cherishing and appreciating every moment I get to spend in these halls with all of these people I have come to call my second family even more than I did in previous years. It's senior year and just like mostly everyone else, I'm scared out of my mind. What does the future hold for us? For me?
Watching all of the commencement addresses and listening to all of my friends talk about their plans after high school, I can't help but to feel like I'm going to be losing a big part of myself fairly soon. If there is one thing I can take away from this whole experience though, it's that no one ever knows how much they're going to miss something until it's gone. Yes, I do realize that that sounds cliché, but I do think that it is extremely important for us to keep this quote in mind. Genuinely, how many of us realized that we were going to miss Mayfair as much as we now realize we are when we first started here? I'm pretty sure it's not a very big number. I feel like there is one major thing that all of us can do to make sure that the rest of this year is one to remember and to establish an even stronger love for this school and our friends here. If all of us can just learn to really appreciate everything that this school, it's staff, and every single one of our friends has done for us and will continue to do, then I can assure you that the connection between all of us and our school will grow even stronger and it will never be forgotten.

1 comment:

  1. Oh gosh. I know for a fact I’m going to miss Mayfair a whole lot when we graduate, and when I first came here in seventh grade, I never expected to love it so much. I’ve made so many great memories here and met some pretty amazing people – both faculty and students. With every day that passes I start to feel sadder that our time here is almost over, but at the same time I’ve been getting more excited at the thought of starting a whole new chapter in my life. I’ve had such wonderful experiences with all my activities such as Mariners, ASB, Key Club, and all the other things I’ve been involved with the past few years. I’m grateful to have attended a high school that has a great academic program and values the importance of extracurricular activities. I will always be proud to be a Monsoon.

    ReplyDelete