Monday, October 19, 2015

  #18192     

Erw

10/20/15                           COMMENCEMENT SPEECH: DIVE INTO YOUR FUTURE

       What's good class of 2016 we finally made it, wow there's a lot of you guys. First off I would like

to thank my family for always supporting me in everything I do.I want to give a special shout out to

God because without him I wouldn't be standing right here in front of you all. Okay  some of you

guys may know me if we had class together or something but usually people know me just from

being loud and always laughing.I thought it was hilarious that a lot of you guys were shocked that i

am valedictorian because I'm a bit of a jokester in class which is very understandable because i would

have thought the exact same thing if I was in your shoes. Even though I love to laugh and have fun, I

always know my limits and when it is time to get my head in the books. One Of my dads many catch

phrases that he always tells me is if you don't get an education you're going to be pushing the basket.

Which is kind of harsh but it paints a very vivid picture that always motivates me to do better and not

slack off in my studies.
         
         I'm sure all of us remember that bitter sweet first day of freshman year. Having a million and

one questions about the slightest things. Being so imtimitated  of the power of  the seniors. Thinking

if I make eye contact with the wrong one  I would be head first in a garbage can full of unfinished

milk and chicken sandwiches. I'm sure everyone felt like that was going to happen to them. You

know what,  I take that back I'm probably the only one. I'm not normal. Anywho, as the year

progressed and we got a grasp of how high school operated, we became more successful and less

anxious.

      I'm sure on the first day of college all those emotions would come flooding  right back to you

from  roughly four years ago. Hopefully minus the whole trash can thing  because that would be

weird and uncomfortable. But I'm sure we're going to be a little nervous and have some expectations

that are not going to be met like for instance not liking your roommate because she leaves her hair all

over the bathroom and has the nerve to ask you if you  could wash the dishes you didn't make.

           Okay enough about all that, on a serious note, dive into college head first and experience

everything you can possibly experience. Academically, socially, and maybe even spiritually, try to be

as open as possible, no closed Windows all open doors in your path. After  college you should be able

to take whatever experiences, knowledge, and life lessons that you gained and apply them to your

newfound adult life.

No comments:

Post a Comment