Tuesday, March 15, 2016

What's the wait?

I have been thinking about all the information we have been presented with in this unit and how our food has a bad back story. This unit has exposed us to the diseases and harms that are in our meat and what not. However, we have been eating this bad food for most of our lives, well I know I have, and I cannot think of any issues I have had health wise. The movie we watched and articles I have read tell us that it can lead to long-term effects. Why does the effects come into play in the latter part of people's lives? Are there preservatives in the diseases as well?? I'm just playing, I don't even know if that's possible but that is what it seems like what happens in the body. People go into the doctors and find out they have a kidney problem that they cannot explain how they got this problem. The reason probably goes into a big health discussion but the question I have is should I be worried for my health later in life? Is it too late to try to begin to eat "healthier" or do I have a sickness inside of me waiting to hatch?

2 comments:

  1. Joseph, it is most definitely not too late to change your eating habits.

    Let's recall the movie "Forks Over Knives" that we saw in 9th grade in Biology. People who were already diagnosed with diseases (not sure if cancers as well) were able to reduce the destructive health consequences and even get rid of their illness altogether through organic eating with little meat. You have some control in your health, do not be fooled or lose hope. It doesn't have to be a dramatic change, but rather baby steps that ultimately lead to an organic and healthy consumption life.
    We should all begin limiting ourselves in the consumption of processed foods and meat to increase our lifespan and overall happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ask myself that question all the time . My mom hates my eating habits and my excuse to her is always that "I'm young " but truth of the matter is , all these bad eating habits can catch up to you in the future . It's better to gain good eat habits now while it's not too late .

    ReplyDelete