Tuesday, March 15, 2016

The Price of Healthy Eating


For the past few weeks we have been discussing food politics.  We witnessed the cruelty of farm animals while watching Food Inc. and we have discussed making a change in our very own eating habits but why haven’t we? One could go organic and grab a kale salad but that is not as affordable as a combo meal at McDonalds. So one often blames the price of why they don’t eat healthier. I think there is more to it than just the price of healthy food products but it also involves time. After a long day at work or school one does not want to come home and make a huge dinner, they want something fast and easy. If we were given more affordable resources (cheaper food products, community gardens, etc.) would there be a change in our eating habits? We need a healthier food system that can keep up with our hectic lives.

2 comments:

  1. I agree, I think if healthier foods were affordable then much more people would have a better diet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But then again we shouldn't make ourselves innocent either. We blame food prices being high and us never having time, but there's always time to try. When I was eating healthy a couple months back I always had to prep my meals a day before because I chose to eat healthier. My method did help and if there's parents who work a lot or don't really have time then it's our duty to attempt to take part in helping out. I mean we aren't kids anymore and should at least help out with something, it doesn't have to be a five star dish, but anything is better than not even trying.

    ReplyDelete