Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Watching What I Eat

The Politics of Food unit has definitely changed the way I pick out my food.  I am more self cautious than I was before.  It is honestly disturbing looking at all the things that the meat industry has done.  Not only has it caused us to get more foodborne illnesses, but they are also destroying our environment.  The meat industry is the second largest factor of global warming.  It's just crazy to me how most of the food we eat is meat whether it is beef, chicken, pork, or fish.  Since we started this unit, I have been cutting down on the amount of beef I eat and what certain products I buy.  So far, I am refusing to buy any Smithfield, Tyson, and Foster Farms products due to the amount of information I have found.  I am really trying to cut any beef out of my diet but it is really hard when you grow up in a society where beef is advertised everywhere.  I don't think I'm ready to become a vegetarian at the moment, but I'm ready to try and stop this nasty habit.

No comments:

Post a Comment