Sunday, April 3, 2016

New Beginings

My opinion on the United States of America has slightly changed. I already had an idea of how our unjustified and corrupted government operated, but I knew only about the surface level of the whole ordeal.When we started this unit I thought I knew everything there was to know about how our food was produced. But after furthering my understanding of the subject I learned more and more in depth about our government. After all the videos, articles, and personal research I had done, I made the decision to make an effort to try and not eat at places such as MC Donald's, Burger King, etc. Instead of these places i will choose El Pollo Loco, Subway,etc when i need a quick bite. I know these are still fast food chains but in my mind i know that this is a better alternative to other establishments.This way i feel my consciousness is less guilty or tainted because every time i think about food or eating food, in the back of my mind there is ERW saying,"Is that safe? If i could go back four years with the knowledge i have now i would definitely change the way i eat and try to make better food choices. I know it would be very challenging due to the fact that im a teenager, but i feel as though if i started making better choices , present day Charmaine would be more healthy and efficient. My Proposal: Our present day society is full of fast food chains, that circulate around the globe. These fast food places make irresistible advertisements that influence and antagonize Americans to buy their product. There isn't any harm in advertising, it gets the word out about your product, equaling sales and tons of money. But what these business owners should recognize is that they are contributing to an unsafe rise in obesity with the quality of their foods. I know the food industry could care less about American's health but you should. You should learn a valuable quality called empathy. You should analyze your food production and take account that you are poisoning America. Therefore instead of making all these greasy, caloric burgers create a healthy substitute that is still delicious and affordable and advertise the hell out of it. This will give Americans a chance.

6 comments:

  1. I feel the exact same way. Like, if i knew all this information 4 years ago, i can only imagine how my eating habits would be now. But better late than never to start eating right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you. This unit has made me think twice about ordering fast food because of how unhealthy it truly is. Just like what Izzy said, it's never too late to start eating healthier. For about two weeks now I've tried to eat more fruits and veggies instead of going for junk food and I can say I feel better than how I did before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though you're still eating at a fast food place, you're choosing to eat more healthy. It is a good start. Your proposal is what most people have in mind. Food industry should do this and that for the better of the people. However, their main concern is not the better of the people but rather the amount of money they make. As for most business, I'm sure they'd rather choose to make money over caring about other people's health. Is it wrong to do it? Of course but to a certain extend. If fast-food restaurant owners were thinking about the health of their consumers, they would probably open a organic restaurants. However, their intention is not to provide foods that is good for people health but to make money.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's one more thing I forgot to add(Totally not because I run out of time). I think to choice is up to us to decide not the fast-food chain. We all know that fast-foods are bad for us,yet we choose to consume it. If we really care about our health, we would find something better. In fact, there are plenty of better options.

      Delete
  4. I agree with what you are saying and the comments above. If only health could have explained how unhealthy things are now. The movie Supersize Me just didn't cut it. We are still young enough to be able to change our ways and be very healthy adults. We still have time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great that you are now trying to eat healthy. Although those places may still be fast food I am sure they have a better quality of meat and produce than mc Donald's. I too try to eat more subway and other healthier meals but every once in a while I may be craving a greasy meal and have to give in. I believe that that's okay though as long as you balance out the bad with the good.

    ReplyDelete