Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Expanded Thoughts

     The past couple of weeks have expanded my opinion and choices about what I buy and consume. I was always wary about what I ate, but now I'm very aware. I'm fortunate enough to have the privilege to eat fresh foods often and soon enough I think I'll push for drinking distilled water only. I've also become aware of the equal treatment of agricultural factory workers and the animals. I was never a supporter of animal rights, and still indifferent about it, but I now understand the concerns of the subject. It bothers me that conventional and corporate agriculture has risen only for profit purposes. The business ethics seems to be to produce more for the cheapest price and profit as much as possible.

Is it fair to believe the love of money is the root of all evil?

     I recently have started my own garden. It isn't too special, I'm just growing strawberries for now. I do encourage anyone reading this to get out, get your hands dirty, and plant some plants.

1 comment:

  1. It is fair to believe the love of money is the root of MOST evil.
    Hitler didn't do it for the money. ISIS isn't doing it for the money.
    Domestic evil is something different, though. The smaller the scheme, the more likely money is to be involved.

    ReplyDelete