Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Change In Perspective


This unit has been  extremely interesting but there are some facts that could have been left unsaid.  Watching videos like Food Inc. has changed my perspective on the type of food we put into our bodies. My family and I often eat our meals on the go due to our hectic schedules. We often stop by a fast food joint when it is not possible to make a home cooked meal.  When I learned the treatment many of the animals faced it was appalling. To see the living conditions many of the chickens and cows dealt with. I wish I could say that, that was enough to get me to become a vegetarian but sadly that was not the case. I did not give up meat completely but I do consume it in moderation. I know there are many students who have taken the initiative and have decided to stop the consumption of meat altogether which is inspiring. I hope that one day many of us can follow in their footsteps so that our diet will consist of fresh food products rather than food that is produced in a factory. At the end of the day I think it still has to do with the convenience and affordability of the food products.

No comments:

Post a Comment