Monday, April 4, 2016

After A Journey Down The Food Industry

     The question is if I would change myself four years ago given that I had the knowledge of how food industry works like I do now. Ideally, I would say yes. I would want to change my habits of eating fast food, those greasy, crispy, fats-filled drumsticks, or those cheesy, juicy, and mouthwatering burgers. I would tell myself to walk away from that unhealthy path and follow the light that would lead me down to a greener and healthier one. I would bathe myself in fruits and dine with vegetables. I would cut off any products that are massively produced by huge industries, and consume more of organic farm products in hope that one day my withdrawal from consuming their products would compel them to switch their methods to something less harmful and healthier. However, in reality, I would still stay the same. I would still go to fast food restaurants; drinking coke while dipping french fries in ketchup. I would still choose the massively produced, and cheap products over more expensive organic meat. The problem is so deeply ingrained into our society that it is not easily removed. We grow up in a world where fast food is the norm for when we are in a rush, and massively produced items are what we look up to when we're budgeted. Even though we are aware that the food that we are consuming is detrimental to our health, we still have no choice but to indulge whatever is provided to us.

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with how you said it would have been ideal to learn about all the greens and healthy foods but in reality those nice, juicy burgers are amazing. I believe we all wish to be healthier but its a hard mind game to get past between healthy and mouth watering.

    ReplyDelete